Thursday, March 11, 2010

BrewsDay :: Grand Teton Brewing, Bitch Creek ESB

This week's beer tasting was Grand Teton Brewing from Jackson Hole, Wyoming's Bitch Creek ESB. I've seen this beer here and there and was assuming part of the deal with the beer was the gimmicky name but I finally gave in and gave it a try. This is also the first non Wisconsin beer I'm posting about.

What they say about it "Bitch Creek perfectly balances big malt sweetness and robust hop flavor for a full bodied, satisfying mahogany ale. Like the stream for which it is named, our Bitch Creek ESB is full of character... not for the timid."

What I have to say... I think it was pretty good. I've had many an IPA but I can't recall if I've had an Extra Special Bitter. I liked the slightly hoppy yet malty characteristic about it. Very drinkable and not too heavy. I would even say I almost got a bit of a rye note from it, which I did happen to like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 mynorthwoodslife. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase