Wednesday, January 27, 2010

BrewsDay & Dinner :: Ballistic IPA by the Ale Asylum Madison, Wisconsin

So, something I would like to try to do is once a week have a BrewsDay beer review of different Craft beers local and beyond. I am by no means a beer expert but I have had a many a beer in my time (after all I am from Wisconsin) and I enjoy it! This week's beer is Ale Asylum's Ballistic IPA out of Madison, Wisconsin.

What they say about it "Ballistic IPA is a fully loaded American-style IPA. The use of American Amarillo hops give it explosive citrus aromas and aggressive bitterness with a smooth finish." What I have to say... I think overall it was a pretty good IPA. Nice pallet cleansing bitterness rounded out with a pleasant aromatic floral flavor and a smooth finish. Another thing I really enjoyed was the bottle label design as personally, it fits my design ecstatic very well and I could totally see myself designing a label like this if it was up to me.

Paired with the Ballistic IPA for dinner were some simple deli items I picked up from a food market I really like, Outpost Natural Foods. We had black bean burgers with a touch of Wisconsin Mindoro Gorgonzola cheese & a bit of salsa, which was ok (the cheese was awesome but the burger was a bit dry) with one of the BEST broccoli & crasin salads I have ever had. Yum! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 mynorthwoodslife. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase